Thursday, December 3, 2009

Morning Smoothie

I make a smoothie every morning and have for years. A smoothie is quick to make and healthy. I am posting this recipe for all of those people who say things like "oh, I'd love to make a smoothie in the morning but I don't have the time". Seriously? You don't have the time? It takes like 3 minutes or less. If you can't spare 3 minutes in the morning, you are probably one of those jerks out on the freeway causing morning pile ups. Slow down. Drink a smoothie for crying out loud.

This is my basic recipe and you could vary this a thousand different ways. Measurements are a guestimate, because I normally just eyeball it. Don't get hung up on measuring for this recipe, there is no need. This recipe makes 2 servings.

Blueberry Smoothie

Into a blender, place all of the following ingredients:

1 C frozen blueberries (you can any fruit you like, but frozen berries work great)
2 C light vanilla soy milk (can use lowfat milk instead)
1 ripe banana
3/4 C light vanilla yogurt (I don't measure this, I just throw a big scoop in)
1/4 C ground flax seed*



Whirl the ingredients in a blender until smooth. Makes 2 servings.

*note - I sometimes use a couple of scoops of protein powder in place of flax seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment